Aruba Fishing

bobowski

I went on my honeymoon to Aruba back in September. We had an amazing time. It is such a beautiful place. We did a charter fishing trip one of the days and got into some Mahi Mahi. It was crazy to think that in 600 feet of water we were trolling dead bait along the surface. Here are some pics.

Screenshot_2013-09-04-14-09-31_zpse0d4ee

Screenshot_2013-09-04-14-10-06_zps1eecdf

Screenshot_2013-09-04-14-10-43_zps6a5bcb

Screenshot_2013-09-04-14-06-46_zpse6072e

The captain filleted some fish for us and we had a local restaurant right there near the dock cook it up for us. They cooked half of it sweet and sour and half white wine and garlic flavor. It was delicious. As fresh as it gets.

Screenshot_2013-09-04-14-08-14_zps0fd460

Got to agree with ya' on that one Irish. I wouldn't consider myself well travelled by any means but Aruba won't be a place I'd return to for that reason.....commercial beach strip and inland is cactus, not much more. Used to be the place to go for gold jewelry if that's your thing and the night life is rumored to be good but i didn't find it very interesting. I was amazed by the number people who return year after year to Aruba....different strokes for different folks. St. Lucia this past winter was way way better, just more to do and see, mountains, rainforest, incredible coastlines vistas.

Anyway, to the OP, glad you enjoyed your trip and congrats on the nuptials!! Great looking fish and even better looking dinner....that really does look excellent. I tried a bit of casting from shore when I was there and had what I'm quite sure was a bonefish follow in a few times but hooked nothing.

Looks good, when we went there all I got was a very sea sick family and one small wahoo when I went out on the charter. The waves were probably 6' minimum that day.

Davey Bouy if you book in July or August (atleast 6 months early) or go off season there is alot of money you can save, but March break and Christmas are expensive!

Did you try any fishing from shore? I heard there was about a 3' blacktip shark caught by the Holiday Inn a few years ago and so I got up real early a few days and I had some fun, I SAW some bonefish that were huge (next time I book the guide) but very spooky but did manage to get into some Ladyfish and had a blast and caught a small pompano and a couple baraccuda. They were small ladyfish 12" to 18" but the ladyfish were a blast on the flyrod (think rainbow trout after about 10 chocolate covered espresso beans, triple flips!!) but I kept getting cut off by some small baracudda so switched over to a spinning rig. I mentioned it to the owner of Canadian Wiggler when I was ordering a few new lures and he posted the picture I sent.

http://www.canadianwiggler.com/ecom.asp?pg=gallery&mode=16

Aruba%20LADYFISH-med.jpg

Edited by mosquito