Hillmer Lake, Heasrt Air

stasbrute

I believe bare foot wader on the board has fished Hilmer, you may want to pm him unless he chimes in.

I've flown with Hearst a number of times recently and they're an absolutely first class outfitter from top to bottom.

No doubt in my mind Hilmer would be a great choice for a family trip, especially being on a beach.

I've been with Hearst Air once (different lake though), like Mike said, they seemed like a solid outfitter, they've been around a long time and do things right

Hilmer is in the "Northern Ontario Fishing Guide" (book), there's not a lot, but likely some useful info there

Hilmer is small, if you're ok with that cool, in that price range I would look at Martinson, bigger, but it sounds like a shallow, featureless lake, maybe a little weedy later in the season

I've been to Hilmer a number of times. Lots of pike and walleye and at least once during our trip someone latches on to a monster pike in the +40" range. This would be a great spot for a family due to the large cabin, grassy area in front and the beach. Hearst Air is a first class outfitter and I've been to most of their camps. Book early as Hilmer fills up fast with repeat visitors.

PS - Lots of water to fish as well.