Buckhorn Report (Walleye Skunk)

bigbuck

Jeez, I tried to post my Buckhorn report on Monday and I guessed I screwed it up somewhere cuz it is not here.

Anyways, we went out on Friday evening to see if there were any crappie or perch that wanted to visit our frying pan and we didn't get anything. Saturday morning we were out about 7:30 or so and hit several spots for walleye. I only saw one come up and decide he did not want my lure. Other than that, we caught a few perch, 1 crappie, and a half dozen OOS smallies. When we were getting ready to pack it in, what do I see coming up behind my Canadian Wiggler, a nice big FAT Kawartha muskie. 2 further casts and 2 more follows. I decided that was it, I did not want to take a chance at foul hooking him or hurting him. I figure I've got his number and I'll be back up there to catch him on or shortly after the opener. We did not bother to take any pics because what we caught wasn't worth it. I think that the cold front that came through shut the bite down. Hopefully we have better luck next time.

BTW, fishing off of a 24ft pontoon boat is a very civilized way to fish. Lots of room to walk around, no getting in each other's way when casting and the like.

Yes for sure it was hit & miss this past weekend for walleyes thats for sure,i went to as well,and did catch a few small walleyes and 2 just barely keepers,so it wasnt worth a report or pics,from the 20 or so people i talked to around the rice lake area,there was no fish caught at all,so it wasnt just you trust me....well theres this long weekend so im right back at chasing those eyes....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: