Smashing some smallies

Jigster, first welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy this site. If you haven't, I may have missed it, post an intro for everyone introducing yourself. That Smallie on the bottom right is a Pig of a fish. The others are nothing to laugh at either. I do know that there are zones in northern Ontario where Bass is open all year. Pretty well the rest of On. opening is the 3rd Saturday in June. You personally need to check the regs to be 100% certain. Don't take anyone's opinion about the regs. I got caught once for not looking myself. No fine but I don't want to be in that position again. We were fishing for Walleye below the Caledonia Dam in the Grand River the year they had it changed zones.

Old ironmaker, i go by the moniker jigster but at one time went by schnaggs and waaay way back when this board first started (canadave years) i went by the name jerkbait annihilator. Been part of the community since day one pretty much and its been amazing to see what its become. Im a multispecies fisherman but have recently become a fly fisherman and just cant get enough of the smallies.

Now, as for the regs, they're online here https://www.ontario.ca/document/2015-ontario-fishing-regulations-summary. Not sure what im missing but in zone 14 (which is what i believe moon river belongs to) or zone 15 (inland from moon river), the regs clearly state that bass open 4th sat in june. There also doesn't appear to be any exceptions to these regs. I'd love to be fishing the moon right now so please let me know if i'm misinformed!

Edited by Jigster