Shining Tree

wormdunker

I just returned from the Shining Tree area. Stayed at 3 Bears camp, accomodations were very nice, fished 5 - 6 hours every day, had a blast! Caught lottsa walleye, & pike. There was frost on the ground 3 days in a row!! The fish were on fire when the weather was the worst, cold & windy conditions seemed to turn them on. When I went out on a calm morning or evening it was slow. This area the wallys are small compared to our Lake Erie hogs. I released alot due to their size. Best evening was 6 walleye in 2 hours, all were released. Wednesday afternoon I trailered the boat 42 kms on a gravel road - all for good reason. I trolled go getters for only 10 minutes to hook a 14" walleye, then landed 2 more rather quickly. Result - 3 walleye in about 20 minutes, largest was 17". Then I get a hard hit, I'm thinking a 5 lb walleye. Nope, I landed a pike approximately 26" about 7lbs. Didn't measure it or weigh it, wanted to get it back into the water quickly as possible. I fought it for about 8 minutes it was tired. I usually don't target pike & caught it on light walleye gear. Wifey & I had 3 fish frys, all other fish were released.

I have pix on my iphone but don't know how to post them. Would someone be kind enough to post them if I emailed them your way? Thanx