chasing the salmon

shimano19

hey guys! managed to get out this Saturday with a buddy to do some salmon fishing.

woke up at 5am and were all geared up and walking the river for 7. after some trecking through the forrest and wading the river we found some pools that were holding big salmon but none wanted to bite other than these little rainbows.

rainbow.jpeg

it was around 10am so we weren't ready to give up anytime soon. keep walking and casting away. we found a beautiful pool that held numbers are huge salmon. the area was tough to fight the fish due to all of the fallen trees, nearby shallow water and tons of rocks. in a few hours we hooked up with around 15 salmon ranging from 8-20+ lbs by float fishing roe. unfortunately most of them would end up running down river and we would get cut off by rocks or branches. we managed to get 3-4 in and it was still a blast. cant wait to get out again.

me with a nice male salmon

salmonmike.jpeg

my buddy with a good female

salmondonte.jpeg

my question is are these both king salmon? im just getting into salmon fishing and don't know how to distinguish them yet.

I also have a nice walleye report coming up from last month! ill get on to posting that soon haha

mike