georgian bay islands national Park camping?

bow slayer

I have 3 days next week to sneak in a camping trip. I was thinking of trying Beausoliel island. Is there somewhere at the Park dock in Honey Harbour to leave your truck and trailer? Can you beach your boat on the shore where the campsites are or do you have to use the dock? How is the area for boating,lots of rocks to watch for? Are they marked? And lastly what can I expect angling wise? thanks any info is greatly appreciated

You can park at whichever marina you launch from. I will PM you with a suggestion. At Beausoleil, you can beach your boat or anchor it just off the shore. Depends on what you have boat wise. Fibreglass, no, aluminum, yes. As for fishing, the little harbours have some smallies and hammer handle pike. Venturing out a bit................. I would suggest buying the chart for the waters. 30 odd bucks is much cheaper than 100+ for a prop and 300 for a skeg. Besides, then you will be armed with a powerful weapon in your search for fish. Theres plenty of smallies and dare I say some BIG musky not far from the north end of the island.

I would personally drive a little farther and launch from Pete's Point at Massasauga Provincial Park.

Some of the remote sights are stunning and not expensive at all to stay on. Plus the price of a site also includes your launch and parking.

Great bass fishing anywhere from shore, especially in the evening on top water!