Kids first night in boat!

BLACKFISH88

Decided to take the kids out for a fish last night after dinner since they had yet to be in the boat this year and my youngest has been begging me since I put the boat on the water. We were on the water about 7ish and fished till about 9. We had some good luck right off the bat took out the new daddy (my brother, acmangler )as well. He nailed the first one nice lil one about 2.5lbs.DSC01160.JPGThen next up was my oldest daughter and I thought she may have just been bumpin the bottom a lil then I seen the rod bend and the fight was on. Took her out last year and when she had one take it she would hand the rod to me and ask for me to reel it in. This time I said no you can do it and man she did real good.The drag was a little loose too so the fish was peeling her a lil

:whistling::lol: . not so much that the fish could get off. She brought it to the boat and we seen she had one on that was about 5lbs and down it went again dad gave a quick adjustment to the drag while she reeled and she brought it back up and in the net.Copy_of_DSC01157.JPG I laughed and cheered LOL , so did she and my youngest. High fives all around and she said I gotta take a rest LMBO! Her hand was a little sore but I think the landing the fish part overcame that. Then my youngest who is four says daddy I'm never gonna catch a fish and not wanting to dissappoint her I told her sometimes that is the way it goes and that sometimes daddy doesn't get any either. We here on OFC no better. LOL. So I told her to just keep fishing and she would get one and not five minutes later we seen she had a nice bite then it was gone and we kept on fishing then I said let's check your bait you might need more worm and while I reeled it in I noticed it was a little heavy but not fighting. The lure came to the boat and I said look Maddie LOOK! There it was a nice little walleye high fives and cheers all around again.Copy_of_DSC01158.JPG Copy_of_DSC01153.JPGAwesome night on the water was a little overcast with a calm breeze and trying to rain. DSC01155.JPG

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I think they've earned some "Fishergirl" shirts. My nine year old boy kicked my butt on the weekend. He caught about 26 perch and a few were really a good size. My daughter said the only reason she only kicked my butt by a little was because she stopped fishing ....... she could be right LOL. Anyway,good on ya. :thumbsup_anim: Times to remember.

Wow....and that's what it's all about right there in this post!!! The smiles on your kid's faces is just priceless. Seeing the pride in your older daughters face...she'll remember that catch forever! And that look on your little one...man...nothing beats the pure smile of a child.

Thanks for the report and pics...and sharing this outing with us....put a smile on my face that's for sure.