Elliot Lake, one year ago...

capt_hooked

One year ago the Algo Centre Mall in Elliot Lake collapsed, killing two persons and damaging the sense of well being for this retirement community, located within a fishing wonderland.

Found an interesting article on the history of this village:

[url=http://books.google.ca/books?id=ERA1xcCCDUsC&pg=RA1-PT171&dq=Elliot+Lake+Real+Estate+and+Bob+Izumi&hl=en&sa=X&ei=5cXFUefnKc-vqQGkq4CQAQ&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAA]

the cap't

Edited by capt_hooked

Hi Cap't

I read your post before it was edited,

stuff like this really ticks me off, sometimes I wish us Canadians weren't so passive and would hold people accountable

I read it too. No comment.

As a proud Elliot Laker, this senseless tragedy will never be forgotten,nor will the victims. I'm not so sure though Chris that nobody will be held accountable. The inquiry that is being held is opening up A LOT of eyes around town. The engineer that stamped the building safe a mere weeks prior to the collapse was charged and the lawyers are circling! There may not be many held accountable criminally, but I suspect some will feel it in the wallet....city included. Unfortunately, that means we too as innocent and misled citizens will also be held accountable. Very Sad. We will survive and hopefully be stronger for it! Thanks for mentioning it Capt. I think. (didn't get to read the pre-edited post)

Kevin