Help with prop selection

Freshtrax

Replacing a worn out dinged up prop will help produce more power at all rpms and a cupped prop will help with cavitation from what I understand. I've only had it out twice and it was pretty choppy both times going to pick up some props next week to try out and do a little test n tune next weekend.

If all else fails ill just get the royals Royce gas turbine from the vid and be done with it :)

Edited by Freshtrax

The long shaft is likely your problem. You might be able to improve things slightly with different props and different engine angles but the fact is your prop is likely too deep. Try mounting the engine higher...ie. build the transom a couple of inches higher. Not an easy fix but if you want a dramatic improvement you are going to have to raise your motor. Better to be overpowered than underpowered in my opinion as long as the transom can take it.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

The long shaft is likely your problem. You might be able to improve things slightly with different props and different engine angles but the fact is your prop is likely too deep. Try mounting the engine higher...ie. build the transom a couple of inches higher. Not an easy fix but if you want a dramatic improvement you are going to have to raise your motor. Better to be overpowered than underpowered in my opinion as long as the transom can take it.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

thanks I added 4.5 inches to the transom when I replaced it. 2 slices of marine ply screwed and glued . I haven't had her out since I posted my question the cav. Plate sits even with bottom of transom.. I might try liftin it up an inch o two and see what happens