Sunday Lake?

jughead

Heading up to a friends cottage on Sunday Lake near Oompah and Plevna. It's a new place for him and he doesn't fish so he has no info.

All I have been able to find out about it is that it is a small spring fed lake. Since the other two guys there are night owls and won't be out of bed until noon and since I am a morning guy I was hoping to use the morning hours to fish. But since I don't know anything about the lake I want to figure out what the in season options are, if any.

If anyone has info or knows a bit about the lake let me know if you can.

Thanks

Greg

Managed to track down a cottgae for rent listing for the lake which says the lake has good fishing (don't they all). It is a eutrophic (sp) lake, shallow and with a primarily rock and sand bottom. The listing says there are bass, pike and pickeral in the lake. I have found it on the map and as near as I can figure it is in either division 29 or division 10. Since walleye and pike are open in both it looks like I am in luck so I will bring my gear and camera. If it turns out it is predominently bass I will put the former down.

Either way, if anyone has additional info that would be great.

It looks to be a smaller sized lake with pike, walleye and bass. A little hard to tell from the picture but there appears to be 4 streams that flow in/out of it. I have never fished so I can;t help you with first hand info, good luck and let us know how you do.

By the way it is in Division 29.

Picture_10512.JPG

Edited by Lostchild

Thanks lost child

I will be fishing out of a canoe with no depth finder so it will be a bit of time trying to figure out the lake. Will start with the logical spots for pike and walleye and hope for the best. Beats not fishing so I can't see it being bad

Is Kaladar area close enough for you Rizzo? :D It's refered to as the "Land O Lake" region of Ontario.

I've fished Birch Lake...just North of Plevna and it's full of Pickeral and bass. Probably similar on Sunday Lake.

I fish Mazinawa, the fish numbers are way down in the north end. But I seem to catch the most trolling with fat raps....crawdad ..good luck