day trip

Peps

alright everyone i need your help,

want to kick off the year with a day trip after the long weekend. 2hr max north of toronto, have a boat want to target pike.

i have some lakes that are just out of that range, but i want to save those for over nighters.

not asking for hot spots :whistling: but by all means if you would like to share you can pm me.... just some direction.....

Peps

Boat size?? You can be on the Midland or Penetang boat launch in 1hr - 45 out of the big smoke...but don't wanna get caught in a tinny on the Sound after the 11am wind shift. Other option is to launch in Waub and have some islands to hide behind.

Boat should be fine around the Sound between Penetang and Waub and all points up the North Channel towards Honey Harbour.

Penetang Launch....400 to 93 and follow it to the very end. Launch is on the left at the bottom of the hill...across from the beer store. The %(*@)- charge to launch though...even residents.

Midland Launch in Pete Peterson Park is free. You did have to be a Midland Resident to park your vehicle and trailer there though. Although I didn't see that sign when scouting it out this morning to make sure the docks were back in. If the sign is there...launch your boat and go back out and park on the side of Sunnyside Drive on the wide shoulder. There are no - no parking signs out there so legal. To get there same deal 400 to 93, but after you have gone thru the shopping district of Midland (McD's, Malls, CTC, Rona) you will go down a step hill. At the bottom (traffic lights) turn RIGHT onto VINDEN ST. Follow it about a mile to the next set of lights and turn LEFT onto Sunnyside Drive. Next corner turn RIGHT (sign on corner for BAY PORT MARINA). Follow it in and you will see the sign up on the right for the boat launch. I highly suggest a map of Georgian Bay if heading out there unless you have a jet drive!

Cook's Bay (lower end of Lake Simcoe)...Others here must know of launch sites...

He did say a couple of hours Norm.LOL

If ya want info on launches just ask.............................

Ok since you asked,Lake Simcoe Marina,end of the 3rd line gilford.

Thats the one I know down there.