Tuesday Evening Fishing Report in T.O

Just thought I would share a quick report of my Tuesday evening fishing trip to the T.O Islands. It's a bit late.. but better late than never.

So, a friend and I went down to the islands after work not with the aim of catching pike but carp. We set our rods up with floats and corn and waited. Sure enough about 5 carp showed up to eat the corn we had thrown in. But then they simply disappeared, but then the floats started to move and bob. My friend hooked something but lost it. I figured it could have been a bullhead so I put a worm on the hook and sure enough a minute later I bring in a fat bullhead.

gallery_354_52_95763.jpg

Couple of minutes later another one - I thought I would do a dsn and take some action shots as I brought it in. :whistling:

med_gallery_354_52_26504.jpg

With about an hour of daylight left and no sign of carp anymore we decided to join the bandwagon and put the xraps or mepps on and fish for some toothy green monsters. Didn't have much luck though. I managed to snag my line on a rock and lose a 'hot steel' xrap. Then having set up my gear again hooked what I presume was a fair sized pike - fish on, but as it took off into the depths the aglia spinner came flying back at me - fish off! I then realised that I hadn't reset my drag after trying to free the snagged lure - so as soon as the pike took off there was no give and the hooks pulled free. Devastated. :wallbash:

Decided to cut my losses and take some photos of the peaceful evening scenes.

med_gallery_354_52_143277.jpg

med_gallery_354_52_78791.jpg

So not the most successful evening fishing but nice to be down there without the crowds, and more importantly another fish off my great Ontario fish quest list. Three down (Perch, White Sucker, Bullhead) just another 30+ species to go by the end of the year! :Gonefishing:

Edited by OO7

Thanks Irishfield. No matter how many times I go to the islands I can't help myself, I have to take a picture of that skyline. I must have hundreds from the two years I've lived here - every season, time of day, different angles. It drives my wife crazy, cos I gotta show them all to her LOL. Got some good photos the other evening - better results than the fishing! LOL

GBay, Compared to the 'cats' that dsn caught a few weeks ago these were pretty good looking LOL

The other thing that puts me off them is when you handle them they quite often make a weird grunting sound!!

Nice cat. You'll get your carp sooner or later. I like the night shot of the ferry with city lights behind it's amazing. I haven't taken any night scene shots with my digital yet.

dsn

Three down (Perch, White Sucker, Bullhead) just another 30+ species to go by the end of the year

well, at least you're starting with some of the ugliest ones. That means things will only get better (until of course you move on to dogfish, mudskippers and carp)