jordan harbour

millerman

hey i was just wondering is jordan harbour worth fishing at im going to be in the area in a few days and what can you catch there i was hoping for pan fish and catfish and where would the best spot to fish and how would you get there

We used to fish for large mouth there back in the mid 80's. That's about all I have ever seen come out of there. I was told there is a perch population in the Jordan. If I was looking for place to fish today in Niagara it wouldn't be Jordan Harbor. Pt. Dalhousie for Rainbows off the pier is popular, I don't know what's going on there this time of year.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

There is carp and bullheads, and should be plenty this time of year. Also channel cats and who knows what else.

Old Iron... Did you fish tournaments there? You're sounding more and more like over the years you likely crossed paths with my grandfather, Ken Sims.

Edited by Rich

Rich,

Did he have a brother named Win Sims from Hamilton? We did enter a few Pro Am Bass tourneys that were held there, I think 1st prize for the pros was something like $2000.00. Bob Izumi was a skinny kid. I bagged my personal best LM north of North Carolina there. No one had fish specific billboard shirts back then, a lumberjack shirt and a BlueJays hat was fancy shmansy.

Sorry about hijacking your thread.

Rich,

Did he have a brother named Win Sims from Hamilton? We did enter a few Pro Am Bass tourneys that were held there, I think 1st prize for the pros was something like $2000.00. Bob Izumi was a skinny kid. I bagged my personal best LM north of North Carolina there. No one had fish specific billboard shirts back then, a lumberjack shirt and a BlueJays hat was fancy shmansy.

Sorry about hijacking your thread.

Nope, but my grandfather was an ironworker, in hamilton, who fished bass professionally, then chartered salmon on " The Silver Poppy" afterward. His name was Ken, no siblings close by at that time that I know of, definitely none who fished. I don't know who his partner would have been at the time, but I do recall him being very close with the Leesons. (Bruce and Denny)

If your grand dad was an Ironworker in Hamilton in the 80's I guarantee I worked with him at some point, they were always in on shutdowns where we made iron. I wonder what ever came of the Lesson brothers? they were big time here in the 80's. Did you get out for the opener on the river today? The boys from Hamilton chickened out, fair weather fisherman they are.