Not another battery Question NF

davey buoy

If the ends of the battery are bulged,I would think the battery is toast. Only reason I ask is that it will get 12.8 on full charge,green light is on. Go to 2amp,will not go green.It's too bad ,picked this up at a closing of a customer which I bought this new for ,not 2 years ago. When it's off charge the meter reads 12.2 volts. Just clicks like a bad ground or bad terminal connection.Swapped with the other battery to see if it was a cable thing,fired right up.

Surprised it's a nautilus 730ca,160 reserve.

I'm thinking the battery was mis charged,the water levels are good. Any ideas,or just trash.Thanks guys in advance.

Sorry but it is trash. To read 12.2 means it has a dead cell. If you take it and put a load on it it will drop voltage like a rock. I am sure a local battery seller can load test it if you want to chance them selling you a new one.

Art

Sorry but it is trash. To read 12.2 means it has a dead cell. If you take it and put a load on it it will drop voltage like a rock. I am sure a local battery seller can load test it if you want to chance them selling you a new one.

Art

Exactly what I thought Art,just needed a little reassurance. Thanks.

Thanks guys,you know way more than me,the swelling is not good.I will get rid of it as the way it behaved is not my normal.When I buy a battery I get way longer life,but in the hands of someone(s) else. Overcharging is what I'm sure happened.