Navionics Gold + (Plus)?

SlowPoke

Navionics Gold+ Eastern Great Lakes Region:

Item Description

I ordered this chip hoping it would cover all the areas I would like to fish but this is the first time I've heard of the Gold+ line. Whilst googling I noticed some results showing it discontinued yet the Navionics site boasts "New XL9 coverage for the price of XL3"... this software stuff is confusing.

Just when I had my Garmin GPSMAP76 all figured out and I was prepared to buy BlueCharts, I decided to go Lowrance. I hope this is the right chip! Feedback?

Stay tuned for my "Treats in the mail Volume III" thread. :D

-Brian

I got the X14 gold Navionics for my Lowrance 332c amd it is SUPER.....

Shows all the structure which will allow us to troll closer without actually finding the top of the weed bed and fouling the lures.

Really Pleased

Guest lundboy

Q2b:The 901XL3 map appears to be a platinum chipif I'm reading the website correctly. There's no code under the Gold heading but the 901 shows up under the Platinum heading.

A2b: You are absolutely right Slowpoke! They have retired the Gold 901 (that I have). I'm not sure what the replacement is. Give Navionics a quick call to see if it is replaced by 14XG GR LAKES & MARITIMES: Entire Great Lakes, St Lawrence and the Canadian Maritimes, including Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake, Lake Champlain, Trent Severn Waterway, Ottawa River, Rideau Waterway and the Finger Lake. You definitely do not want a Platinum, they don't work in Lowrance.

Slowpoke...

Congrats on your purchase!! You will love it. You did get the right chip as stated in the previous post, my answers must have swayed you! LOL

Now you get to install it all, that's when the fun begins.... Let me know if you have any problems I might be able to give you some pointers (interference issues and what not)

I just ordered the new Navionics Gold+ from Cabelas @ $199.99 U.S. - thought I got ripped till I checked into it! The one you posted the link to is a XL3 size and this one is an XL9 size coverage ( says its brand new out ) - Just a warning to make sure that you are compairing apples to apples. Anyone know the difference between the XL3 and the XL9 ?

Don

Anybody running the platinum chips at $400+ it looks like. Is there anything there you'd really use over the Gold + chip that I have waiting for me in mine at the marina....along with the Navonics Hot Map that includes Nipissing and Temagami.

I'm heading to the trailer in the morning and will be installing my new Global Map 7200C in the boat this weekend, and I also purchased the Gold+ 14XG to go with it, and am anticipating it will be as good as everything I've heard about it over the last couple months.

My Gold+ was $240 at West Marine in Toronto BTW

I just ordered the new Navionics Gold+ from Cabelas @ $199.99 U.S. - thought I got ripped till I checked into it! The one you posted the link to is a XL3 size and this one is an XL9 size coverage ( says its brand new out ) - Just a warning to make sure that you are compairing apples to apples. Anyone know the difference between the XL3 and the XL9 ?

Don

You're right Don. The chip I ordered is not XL9. I thought being Gold+ that it was an XL9 but it would appear to be an older chip prior to expanding the coverage area. No doubt the XL3 will work for me but I think I'm going to send it back.

Anybody running the platinum chips at $400+ it looks like. Is there anything there you'd really use over the Gold + chip that I have waiting for me in mine at the marina....along with the Navonics Hot Map that includes Nipissing and Temagami.

Wayne, I think the Platinum chips are for other high-end systems that can utilize the extra features. The Platinum may not even work in the Lowrance line but I don't know for sure. So many platforms, versions and options it's hard to know what to buy!

I'm heading to the trailer in the morning and will be installing my new Global Map 7200C in the boat this weekend, and I also purchased the Gold+ 14XG to go with it, and am anticipating it will be as good as everything I've heard about it over the last couple months.

My Gold+ was $240 at West Marine in Toronto BTW

Lew, I think I'm going to get that chip as well. It's the XL9 that covers everywhere I plan to fish in the near future. Thanks for the price quote, proably the same price after exchange and shipping compared to Cabela's.

-Brian