Boat launching conditions Haldimand Norfork/ report

Old Ironmaker

The water levels here on Erie are lower than they were last November and then just had enough to float the boat off without running out of dock, so I'm going to have to do some pre launch dock inspections tomorrow along the Grand. The public dock in Cayuga is closed due to replacing the bridge over the river, looks like it will be most of the summer as well. The Island marina at the Dunnville bridge is locked up as it is for sale again, 1.5 million and it's yours, includes mini put course.

Went out Turkey Point way Good Friday and worked back to Nanticoke checking everything between and found nothing open other than Hoovers or water levels so low would need a ladder to get into the barge. Hoovers is useable. Marina still closed though, no gas etc. All the dock walls show a water line approx. 20 inches lower than last water mark.

Does anyone know if the private marinas along the Lynn in Dover let you launch in the spring? I know they aren't open to the public in the summer due to parking, or are they?

Happy Easter all.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

The ramps have been removed from the river marinas in dover. There is one at the municipal marina , and a sketchy little unmaintained free one way up the creek. Its shallow, but do-able with a 16' or less boat.

Coming in on #6 from jarvis direction, at the top of the hill before the lift bridge, make a left. Follow the signs from there "Port Dover Harbour Marina"

I have personal beefs with the place and don't launch there, but it is a nice facility.