Goulais River

xrap

Anyone fish the Goulais River. Gonna be doing some pike fishing thier and I have absolutley no information on the river. I have tried to research some stuff on the net and can't really find to much info. If anyone can post or pm me with a couple pointers or something, that would really help me alot. And I will be shore fishing so it will be a bit of a challenge but i'm up for it.

nice river for sure, doesnt look like much when crossing #17 but when you start moving up river its a whole new ball game. Decent brook trout fishing. Yes there is a fair degree of private property and if Im not mistaken some of it actually is on native land so be careful. I ll PM you some access points on it...

You may hit some pike in the dirty water near the mouth and through the town of Goulais itself. As you follow the river inland it turns into a speck only river real fast. There is a lot of access inland but near the mouth in runs through a lot of backyards.

If you are going to be in that area there are are ton of good pike lakes and there is also two great lakes and the St. Marys river that all hold lunkers.