dhickey

Has any one seen evidence of VHS first hand?

I have seen changes in the lake over the past 30yrs and that is just a part of nature that we all have to come to grips with.

I hear stories of dead fish on bottom but thats not realy anything new? I thhink we have all pulled a fish out of 70-120 ft and lost it at the hole.(it will probably die)

Having seen several lakers this year and lots of large perch they all look fine and heathy.

Having said that the only thing that I have noticed is that some of the perch seem to be sterrile? No eggs no sperm? Big and small?

So I brought this up with another friend and he said they were probably spawned out? Mid Feburary?I dont think so.

Any thoughts?

Don.

Having said that the only thing that I have noticed is that some of the perch seem to be sterrile? No eggs no sperm? Big and small?

So I brought this up with another friend and he said they were probably spawned out? Mid Feburary?I dont think so.

Any thoughts?

Don.

I have seen that on a regular basis over the years, no a lot but maybe 1 perch in100 or so that had no eggs or sperm, fish could be small- 5-6 inch all the way up to a jumbo 12inch. Maybe just misfits in nature..

vhs. it will strike when the waters are normally in the 40degree mark. . when we had it strike in st clair it affected thousands of gamefish. we lost over 30,000 muskies.

funny thing was that year we had a very large spawn from muskies. . nobody knows when and where it will rear its ugly head.