May Long Weekend

tonyb

I am planning a trip with a friend and my brother in-law for the may long weekend.

We are trying to keep costs as low as possible so crown land is probably our best bet. Since I haven't ever done this type of camping, I was hoping for some suggestions from the community. We would like to fish for any gamefish that is in season so Pike, Walleye, Trout...

Somewhere within 4-5 hours of Toronto.

I've checked out the Crown land use atlas on the MNR website, and although it looks fairly clear and straightforward, I don't want to accidentally trespass on private property or anything like that.

Appreciate any tips, advice and/or your experiences if you have done this thing in the past.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

I am going to Wendigo Lake ... it is crown land. Probably more than 4 or 5 from Toronto though. It is south of Deux-Rivieres if you are looking.

Do you have the link to the spot where you could look up crown land on MNR? I am going to look myself to see if I can find it.

I'm also interested in finding some new spots for crown land camping - but the spots I have tried will be packed on the long weekend. Any suggestions 2-3 hours from Toronto that don't require a 4x4. I'll be bringing a canoe.

Tony...give Temagami another Kick. Campsites are prepared all over the lake and are FREE. Launch free at the town dock and park you truck for FREE across the tracks behind Dad's and the mini golf park. Head as far up the lake as you can the first day and then work your way back...switching campsites as you go if you don't like the fishing where you are.

You could even drop in at my dock....or into Temagami Marine and DROOOOOLLLL all over serial #1 of the limited edtion 2025 !

We like to camp on Crotch lake. It is located about 45min, north of Kingston and about 1hr and a bit from Ottawa. Not to sure exactly how far from Toronto but well within the 4 hr mark. It is a beautiful lake with lots of camping spots. There are two lodges located at the south end of the Lake. This time of year (may 24 ) we always stay at Tumblehome lodge. The owner of the lodge is a great guy, very friendly and always willing to point people in the right direction to catch some fish. It can be a tough place to fish but if you get some advice you usually will be successful . My only suggestion is if you decide to go get there as early as possible because alot of people like to camp on crown land and the choice spots get taken quickly.

You could go to the Ontario Parks website and look at the unmaintained, or the non operating parks. They are free and from what Ive read there are some pretty good spots for camping and fishing.

I am planning a trip with a friend and my brother in-law for the may long weekend.

We are trying to keep costs as low as possible so crown land is probably our best bet. Since I haven't ever done this type of camping, I was hoping for some suggestions from the community. We would like to fish for any gamefish that is in season so Pike, Walleye, Trout...

Somewhere within 4-5 hours of Toronto.

I've checked out the Crown land use atlas on the MNR website, and although it looks fairly clear and straightforward, I don't want to accidentally trespass on private property or anything like that.

Appreciate any tips, advice and/or your experiences if you have done this thing in the past.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Lake Tomiko north of Sturgeon Falls... is very good on may long weekend... camp at moose piont good launch.. room for a tent ... pike, walleye... good lake if you have a smaller boat... stay off thr Tomiko River it's sanctuary 'til June 1st..

Good Fishin'