Fish finders

Lunatic

I have 597 ci hd. Bought it to use in the boat and on ice. Awesome unit, easy to use and setup. I didn't get di because I thought I won't be able to use it in winter, but apperantly there is no problem to do that. My friend is using 597 di with ice ducer without any problem.

Worth every penny tho...

You might be able to pic up a mid range map chip from someone looking to upgrade....

it will be something i'll have to pick up in the future. We are moving at the end of march and i just upgraded my motor and now this fish finder. plus i need (lol need) to pick up new casting rod/reel. i just purchased navionics for the iphone that will have to suffice for now. im pumped and waiting for that soft water now

Mike Rousseau is absolutely right, believe me, I have the iPhone Navionics app as well .. and you will hate when you have to check both your sonar and your phone at the same time to check depth and such .. I bought a new sonar as well, and I made sure to include a Navionics gold SD card with it. It will make your life sooooooooooo much easier. That being said, money is money, cant buy if you cant afford it for now =)

checked out the lowrance elite 7 hdi at the fishing show, you get a lot of options and a navionics gold for 749

've been checking this out too. Love the screen size and clarity of everything but the DSI. Not clear and very grainy. I know it is acheaper version of thDSI but when you compare it to their HD scanners, it is disapointing.