Stone Fireplace Project NF

tinbanger

When we first moved to Barrie (15 yrs ago) we used to have an open fire occasionally in the back yard ,now fully surrounded by houses and a new fire hall within site we have been unable .

Started thinking about building a stone fp in the back yard .Over the last couple of years have started to haul granite stone from our hunt camp in Ottawa area .Kinda crazy but like the idea of having a bit of the 'Valley' in my back yard.

Have about 1/3 the stone I need (currently a fence 2' wide '30" high 15' long)and just picked up a mint condition fp insert complete with about 45 ft of s/s liner.(free :clapping: )

Thats all the motivation I needed to get started .

Trying to fiqure out the final location and checking with the city to confrim that a certified fireplace install (exterior) is legal ( just banned or about to ,chimineas and those steel fire pits CTC sells)

Little concrete experince ,NO stone experience but not about to let that stop me :rolleyes:

Maybe post some pictures of the project as it proceeds .

Anyone looking for some liner as I'll only need about 8' PM me

TB

sounds like a cool prject Dave...that's one of the things I like about living in the country, I can still have a fire. In my case I plan to use the old wood stove I had in this house, kept the base for it, just need to put it in place...

Maureen