First time ice fishing tomorrow help me pick between 3 spots.

hotsky

My buddy and I are going ice fishing tomorrow for the first time. Picked up an auger today and a few ice fishing lures. Already have a couple of rods...Excited to get out there! Anyways we're deciding between 3 spots close to home (Hamilton) - Binbrook (back of the lake), Harbour/Pier 4 or Coots Paradise. I was driving on 403 today and saw people scating on Coots so thats a good sign. Ice safety is number one concern; would ice thinkness be the same everwhere? Would also like to catch something but dont want to risk out lives.

So safety and best potential catch in mind where would you go?

Edited by Gray_Wolf

Binbrook is still closed to all ice fishing and coots freezes right to the bottom because it's so shallow.....your only option appears to be bayfront park provided the ice is safe. If it is safe there will be others there to learn from...

Binbrook is still closed to all ice fishing and coots freezes right to the bottom because it's so shallow....

I was thinking back of the lake which is not part of the the concervation area but it's pretty shalow there...

I ended up going to the Pier 4 today for a couple of hours, would've stayed longer but my friend started complaining he was cold lol. Didn't catch anything but still had fun standing on top of (23ft of) water for the first time. Ice was about 5" where I was. Saw people skating way out there and a couple of people ice saling hundreds of meters from shore - I wouldn't go that far if you paid me!