back country brook trout camping trip

chris f.

I am going to be heading up north in late Jan. I'm going to need a good tent, as we plan on staying a few nights. Google hasn't helped me find anything more than a thermal fishing popup. Something like the pop ups mountain climbers use maybe.. ? i set up my 4 person tent today in the yard and it sure won't do. lol... any thoughts or links would be appreciated. :tease:

I have been using a Eureka expedition tent for nearly 10 years now and I have nothing but good things to say about it and the service offered by the company.

My tent is an Alpenlite 2XT which is rated as a 2 man but would be tight for 2 full grown people. It's perfect for my dog and I though.

I have used this tent from Ontario to The NWT to Alaska in all seasons and have been very happy with it's performance.

I have even used it in Yellowknife in January!!!!!!! :w00t:

P1170005.jpg

If I needed a 4 season tent for 2 people I would have no hesitation buying thier K-2 XT model.

Another very good winter tent is The Arctic Oven.

A lot of people I know in Alaska swear by them.

those are great tents and good price on the classifieds

I've seen some arcitc oven tents and they're great but HEAVY...would never put a 30 lb tent on my pack and snowshoe in anywhere, but for a sled trip or short hike they seem like they'd be worth the money

FYI greyhound shipping is cheap and reliable, especially for heavy/bulky stuff...not sure how it would compare price wise to Canada Post for something as light as a tent...something to consider maybe