Perch Fishing around Cooks Bay

fisher

I finally have some free time tomorrow to take my son fishing. I'd like to go to Lake Simcoe for some perch fishing (and crappie if they are around). Problem is that I don;t know where exactly to go.

Ideally it would be in an area where he can run around a bit (like a park/grasssy setting) without the fear of falling into the water (like he almost did at the Barrie docks last year).

Anyone have any suggestions...you can pm me if you;d like.

Any bait suggestions would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Fisher.

I don't know of any on that side but from what I hear later this year they are closing that area to fishing too..problems with litter seems to be the towns reason.they closed youngs harbour last year to fishing and now Beverly isles this year......we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot all the time...

Thanks Terry. And I hear ya...some people have no shame and ruin it for the rest of us. Just like a parent who lets their child toss their klenex out the window of a car without any regard!!? Really bothers me.

Now, back to the task at hand...finding a place to fish tomorrow.

I took 98's suggestion and began internet searching on Keswick fishing spots and found Adeline Park, Mossignton Pier and a couple others.

Does anyone have a recommendation as far as which park/area would be best for some perch action?

Thanks again.

well on the keswick side you can go north on leslie or woodbine to Ravenshoe left(west) down the hill pass the baseball park next road to the right lakeshore to the canals on the left....

they have been getting lots of perch and crappie there lately not big ones but lots

Terry, thanks. You have always been helpful with my questions and seem to respond to them all. I can't help but think that you must reply to everyone's questions. I know I really appreciate it as I am sure everyone else does too.

Have a good one.