THE ROYAL DECAMERON SALINITAS, EL SALVADOR

HyperActive

This place looks like a pretty popular vacation destination so I thought I would ask if anyone has been here and went on the fishing charter?

Just wondering if it is free (as I don't plan on taking much money with me) and/or any other comments about the charter?

Thank you and Seasons Greetings,

Edited by HyperActive

Fishing charters are rarely free. You also need to tip the crew. Talk to your travel agent to get you the details. Bring more cash than you think you will need. I was at the Decameron in Puerto Vallarta last year and it was a very decent place for the money.

My girlfriend actually won the trip by winning a recipe contest she entered on Pinty's Facebook or Twitter account, so the value is amazing indeed.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any large mouth bass so fishing will be secondary to the sand, water and other liquids, so I will take it as it comes.

Just hoping to find out the charges or any reviews by someone who has went on the excursion as there seems to be very little information on-line.

I have come to rely more and more TripAdvisor for planning my travels. You can find User Reviews on destinations, resorts, hotels, restaurants, and tips on excursions, booking charters out of certain places. I never go anywhere for a vacation anymore without first reading what other people have said about the place.

The place you're talking about in El Salvador has been reviewed by 999 other people who have stayed there, and it got an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

The breakdown is 338 gave it Excellent (5 stars), 347 gave is Very Good (4 stars), 150 gave it Average (3 stars), 87 gave it Poor (2 stars) and 77 people gave it Terrible (1 star).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1556951-d594674-Reviews-Royal_Decameron_Salinitas-Sonsonate_Sonsonate_Department.html

Of course, be cautious when reading the reviews. There will always be people that find something to complain about, and will rate the place low. Look at the average rating, out of 5 stars, and take into consideration where people are from when you read their reviews. Americans tend to complain the most about tiny little insignificant things (an AC that was too loud in their room, or it rained 4 out of 7 days they were they, like the resort could do something about that) and so they give the place 2 or 3 out of 5 stars. On the other hand, Europeans, especially from Britian, think anything bigger than a broom closet is luxury, and if everything's not covered in black mould, then it's a 5-star palace.

Of course, these are generalizations as well, but I'm just trying to explain that you have to take much of what you read with a grain of salt. One way I've learned how to interpret other people's comments on TripAdvisor is to read what people said about places I've already been to, and then compare them to my own experience and impressions.

TripAdvisor also has a forum page, with sub-forums for specific countries etc. I checked, and they have one for El Salvador.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1556951-i13597-Sonsonate_Sonsonate_Department.html

So, join TripAdvisor, and post your questions about the resort, and fishing charters there.

Good luck!