New fishfinder- lowrance hds vs elite 7

moemoe

Hi guys/gals, I was looking for a new fish finder and was wondering about some opinions, I am a lowrance guy, I have been using a colour lcx15 for the past 5 years and am overall happy with the product. I was looking to upgrade and have been reading alot about the new lowrance series. My question is comparing the new elite 7 vs the hds gen 2 series 7 or 8. I now its tough to compare a product that hasn't been released yet, but the questions arises as cabelas has a decent offer on the 7.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lowrance-HDS-7-Gen-2-Base-Kit/1436950.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D40%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dlowrance%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dlowrance%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts&Ntt=lowrance&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

In reading about the new elite 7

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Fishfinder-Chartplotter/Elite-7-Broadband-en-us.aspx

The elite 7, form what I can see is basically the same for quality and power, both having 250 rms and actually a high quality screen with 800 x600 pixels, and the elite 7 has broadband technology. I usually fish lake o with a little georgian bay and sinclair thrown in. So I don't need the hds for the net working capibilties of the hds series, so what do you think?

Edited by moemoe

I have been thinking about trading my two HDS7 for a new Elite 7.... I'm told it uses the same plugs for sonar and power so it would be a pretty easy swap.

I would like to get the DI w/o having to buy the LSS unit. I don't want to drill more holes in my boat if I don't have to ! haha