Not much luck since the cold weather sattled in...

hotsky

I haven't had much luck since Thanksgiving weekend when I got 4 bass on the Grand, other than my first and only chinook I haven't caught anything since. Got skunked at Mountsberg, Harbour and Grand river on total of 6 or 7 outing. At the Grand I would have small fish practically bouncing off my lure and last few times I was lucky if I get one hit, also always had decent luck at the Mountsberg but last two times nothing! not even a bite. Is this the change in weather or I'm just having a bad streak? I thought fish esp pike become more active when it gets a little colder but couple of other people mentioned having better luck with pike in the summer.

Sorry for all the questions but I only started fishing in May so this is my fist fall fishing.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I have always had good results working drop offs and structure wheather it be logs /weeds or rocks a slow presentation of live bait or somthing that closely resembles live bait is a good way to start you will be suprised at what comes up.

Keep it simple and dont be afraid to take a chance on lighter line and tackle but the hook set can get frustrating at times.

Good luck.