raingear 2012

musky_hunter

looking at a proper bib and jacket. Would like to buy locally as i want to try on the bib and jacket first. I dont want to spend $500 and have bib too long or sleeves too short!! what rain gear do you guys recommend? BPS 100 MPH, Frabill FXE, or the new Shimano Dryfenders?

Edited by musky_hunter

I heard the Frabill is good quality. My brother is a motorcycle enthusiast and he swears by his bike raingear. He says its cheaper than fishing raingear and has much better closures since its designed for keeping the water out at hiway speed. Go into a bike shop and see what they have to offer. I have XTEREX but it is quite pricey, no complaints here.

looking at a proper bib and jacket. Would like to buy locally as i want to try on the bib and jacket first. I dont want to spend $500 and have bib too long or sleeves too short!! what rain gear do you guys recommend? BPS 100 MPH, Frabill FXE, or the new Shimano Dryfenders?

BPS 100 MPH ,have had the set for 4 years now and love them. I bought mine in Florida and was able to mix and match the different sizes and colors to meet my requirement. Cabalas is also great stuff, Just keep in mind you don't want to skimp on something as important as rain gear.

Take the drive to toronto and see for yourself. They had a good selection last time i was there

Edited by UglyBug