My Late Chrome Opener!

Minnow

Hey Guys!

After reading all of the successful opener reports, I couldn't resist and had to give it a go myself!

Headed out today in search of some chrome and the conditions were very windy, very sunny and very clear water!

I was only able to get out for a couple hours but had a great time! Went with my gut and stuck to spinners and spoons today and it paid off!

Went 1/3 and landed only the smallest fish of the 3! It's okay though still nice to see a little chrome not as big as I was catching them in november but still nice! It was good that I caught this fish because about 5 min before landing this little guy I was ready to throw my rod in the water! I got to a log jam and made a couple drifts and after about 20 min there I thought I snagged the log until it started to slowly move! I knew it was a big fish but was not prepared at the size of this fish until it made a screaming run into the shallow water! This fish I hooked was way over 15 lbs and pushing 20 lbs easily the biggest steelhead I have ever hooked or seen! My heart was racing as the fish was peeling line and then turned around and headed straight back into the log jam that it was hooked in and as hard as I tried there was no stopping this frieght train! Couple of wraps around the log and it broke off and that was devastating! I felt like tossing my rod in the water since not only did I lose my favourite spoon but the biggest steelhead of my life :wallbash: ! Then 5 min later I hooked this little guy and this fish definately lifted my spirits because I really needed a confidence booster and with this fish and loosing one more decent fish I called it a day and I will be coming back for the monster steelie and my lucky spoon! :Gonefishing:

Went alone today so had to set the camera in the grass on a timer so that picture isnt the best but here it is!

Steel.jpg

Steel2.jpg