Gas may be going up

ketchenany

Funny how they can charge more for the gas that's already in their tank in the ground...

Agreed. At the same time they can charge what they want i guess, which makes me wonder how all the 5 gas stations here in our 'city' keep their prices the same and rise or fall at the same time....price fixing? oh wait...thats illegal and the goverment says it does not happen...i believe it if the government says it.

Its very simple let consumers consume ....purchase big trucks big motor boats, and everything else that relys on oil/fuel....then sit back and watch as they go up

in price because of some weather disturbance or a sunny long weekend ......WE are already TAXED HARD On Fuel..........My opinion the price should be set at a maximum millennium price of 99 cents a litre ......Heck i remember 1988.......it was between 19-29 cents a litre.......and one more thing...... Dont be fooled we have more than enough oil around the globe.....we are not going to run out...Its unfortunate human nature..."GREED"

Fossil fuels are finite resources. It may take awhile for us to run out, but it will happen eventually. Well, that is if we don't destroy the planet first. We should be paying the true cost of burning these types of fuels and by not including the environmental cost of fossil fuels we are paying far less than we should be.

I hate the fact that gas prices are pretty damaging to our pocket books, especially the volatility. Through a societal shift in our thinking/behaviour we would be better able to invest and focus our energy into the harnessing of other cleaner technologies to run our transportation systems.

I'm not about to get into a larger debate about climate change and the like as I doubt it would be well received by a few members here.

Personally, I think the government needs to start laying many more price fixing charges against the various oil companies/gas stations.