Question for the Toronto Pike Anglers

Harrison

Gents, are we still allowed to fish from the City shoreline? If so, below is a shot from my new office for while.

Is it worth the walk down to the area pictured and have a looksee for myself for "allowable" fishing water or should I head east/west?

cn2_zps47e93829.jpg?t=1348240824

And for the CN tower fans, pretty cool view.

cn1_zps0fa1c35f.jpg?t=1348240779

Edited by Harrison

They did put "No Fishing" signs up but they were taken down and by-law was changed to encourage fishing there.

Seems all the Toronto pike anglers have disappeared from this board. 6-8 yrs. ago there was a bunch like FHR, Highdrifter, Snag etc... the fish are still there. Late March is best time using deep diving X-Raps, Husky Jerk, etc... still worth try anytime.

In recent years I have heard a lot about the great fishing in and around these islands. You can either come over on the ferry or get into the canals with your own boat to try your luck at the largemouth bass and pike that call this place home. Fishing here offers a unique experience as you can see the Toronto skyline while you are pulling in some monsters. There was No Fishing Allowed Anywhere But as Of June 12 2012 The Ban Has Been Lifted

Fishing is now again encouraged and allowed. Here's also the area map and jurisdictions just some extra info.

f51a8ba8.png

Fishing Toronto Islands

The GTA has a wonderful Pike fishery. Lots of large, heathly Pike swimming around... Any opportunity you have to cast a line for Pike I would recommend doing it. I'm going out this week for some Lake O Pike, I'll let you all know how it went..

*Update 3 days later: was skunked, lol. Conditions sucked, 1 pike follow, no pike on..

Edited by tdotfisherman