I went to fish school this weekend

Skipper D

Iam privileged to have met such a fine young man , Mike's love for what he's doing show thru so clearly once you meet him and once he guide's with you . I don't think i can write enough to tell what i came away with after spending time on the water with him , he taught me so much about how important it is to know what your doing if you want to catch fish , navionics , reading structure , gps , the right gear to use with the right reel and rods , Mike i can never thank you enough for what i learnt from you this weekend . The proof guys were in our numbers saturday , fishing from 9 am to 12 noon .. five small mouth bass 5 lbs and up , but hec he was unhooking them as soon as they reached the boat and letting them go ! ... lol , and 11 walleyes , all before noon and where the locals told me good luck ... there no fish here this year . I say if you ever have to chance to do it with Mike do it . Thank you Mike for the fine education you left me with this weekend , now for one i'll better understand the fishing lingo on the board and feel quit confendent i know what i need to know to go fishing for walleye on my own ........

Edited by Skipper " D "

Hey guys, long time no see Mike! Good job with the laker pic Skipper :)

Congrats on the fishing day, having had the pleasure of fishing with him a couple times I can testify that Mike definitely knows what he's doing.

I don't know if it was the full moon or blue moon or what but the fish were on this weekend for me as well. I drifted tubes on Saturday morning and we got something like 12 bass and a walleye, and went out that evening and also the night before and got 7-10 walleyes each night plus a few bonus smallies. Got bit off by a big sky right at the boat on Friday night too. No big walleyes though like I was getting last year at this time (I mean over 5) but steady action. Hopefully this keeps up!

It's about time! I've been fighting to get 2-3 fish in a day all year.

By the way, forgot to mention. I caught this thing on a drop shot. Never seen one before. Mike I sent the pic to your bro and he said you guys get them sometimes? I heard they are called Fall Fish. Anyway, thought it was kinda neat.

Fallfish.jpg

Edited by Jigs

Hey guys, long time no see Mike! Good job with the laker pic Skipper :)

Congrats on the fishing day, having had the pleasure of fishing with him a couple times I can testify that Mike definitely knows what he's doing.

I don't know if it was the full moon or blue moon or what but the fish were on this weekend for me as well. I drifted tubes on Saturday morning and we got something like 12 bass and a walleye, and went out that evening and also the night before and got 7-10 walleyes each night plus a few bonus smallies. Got bit off by a big sky right at the boat on Friday night too. No big walleyes though like I was getting last year at this time (I mean over 5) but steady action. Hopefully this keeps up!

It's about time! I've been fighting to get 2-3 fish in a day all year.

By the way, forgot to mention. I caught this thing on a drop shot. Never seen one before. Mike I sent the pic to your bro and he said you guys get them sometimes? I heard they are called Fall Fish. Anyway, thought it was kinda neat.

Fallfish.jpg

Hey Jigs !! I was wonderin what happened to ya. I did well for Musky with Mike on Friday too.Like he says...Fish like weather!!Hopefully the bite will still be on for Saturday for walleye.

Good to see ya again.

Paul

Hey Jigs !! I was wonderin what happened to ya. I did well for Musky with Mike on Friday too.Like he says...Fish like weather!!Hopefully the bite will still be on for Saturday for walleye.

Good to see ya again.

Paul

Thanks Paul, good to see you again too. I've had a frustrating early part of the season. Let's just say I went through two outboards lol. So I've had to lay low for a while. All good now though.

I heard you guys did well on Friday. Just took a look at that post now. Wow! 4 muskies in a night is never a bad thing.

Yeah the weather was perfect, it was just windy enough (I hate the dead calm days) and not too windy. Humid, warm, full moon etc. It was beautiful out there.

Edited by Jigs