Opinions on a rod.

Oryx

Yeah. I make sure my 2pc spinning are in line as best as I can get and if they aren't I can tell from the casting distance. I wouldn't want a BC one (known for distance) to be hampered by it not being in line

Well it's always wise to get your guides as true as possible but as for having a them slightly off making a big difference in casting, I suspect not.

Most factory rods I've seen could do a lot more to ensure the guides are straight. ;)

Also popular these days are spiral wrapped rods (bait casting) and I've never had any complaints about them affecting casting. dunno.gif

Tried out the compre this morning. Loved it, also tried out the Veritas... It did not feel right to me. I did not mind the 2 pc at all, guides were all lined up, and caught a couple of small largies throwing a spinnerbait.

Well it's always wise to get your guides as true as possible but as for having a them slightly off making a big difference in casting, I suspect not.

Most factory rods I've seen could do a lot more to ensure the guides are straight. ;)

Also popular these days are spiral wrapped rods (bait casting) and I've never had any complaints about them affecting casting. dunno.gif

good to know :good:

I did start fishing for a few years with spinning.

By curiosity I did tried later casting. Now I am converted 100%

The two spinning rods get dust.

I got meanwhile 12 casting rods (2 are ice fishing).

Even the light setup for perch and pan fish is baitcast.

There are rods and reels that cover all the sizes, actions and s.o.

Best rods top:

1) G.Lomis (expensive)

2) St. Croix

3) Rapala

4) Bass Pro Carbon Lite

All rods 1 piece

Best way to test a rod - get the hands on it and feel it.

Have fun.