O'sullivan Lake

rob v

Just a quick report and thanks to solo-paddler for recommending this drive to camp.

My wife and I just returned from a week at O'sullivan's lake. After our 1500km drive (but it was worth it) We stayed at the O'sullivan's rainbow camp. The camp was great. Camp owners Bob & Shelly Richards and their staff were very accommodating. The camp and cabins were functional, clean and had everything we needed, yet it was quaint enough to fit into the remoteness of O'sullivan Lake.

The lake is large - and during my stay I only got to explore about a third of the lake - mainly because I found all the fishing spots I needed, and I preferred to fish vs explore. Walleye fishing was fantastic. I caught more than enough walleye I to satisfy me. Other anglers at the camp pursued lake trout and pike, and a short trip into a back lake in the area by one of my camp neighbours resulted in limits of brook and rainbow trout. Loons and eagles entertained us during our stay (never missed the phone, internet or tv !!).

All in all a fantastic trip and we very much look forward to returning. And again - thanks to Mike for putting us onto this lake and Camp.

Relaxing on the dock

IMG_1959.jpg

Sunrise

IMG_19631.jpg

One of many eyes

IMG_1941.jpg

Our home for the week

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_19351.jpg

Dinner - steak and walleye !

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

Edited by Rob V

Ya it is a nice place. That is where we use to stay when I went Moose hunting with the boys. You didn't have to go much further than the mouth of the river to catch walleyes. Even though the Lakers were out of season at the time of year we went, I caught many incidentals while fishing for walleye. Now this is going back long before digital cameras were invented. Do they still run off a diesel generator?

Cheers, Ron...

Ya it is a nice place. That is where we use to stay when I went Moose hunting with the boys. You didn't have to go much further than the mouth of the river to catch walleyes. Even though the Lakers were out of season at the time of year we went, I caught many incidentals while fishing for walleye. Now this is going back long before digital cameras were invented. Do they still run off a diesel generator?

Cheers, Ron...

Yes they do Ron - but the sound is hardly noticeable.

Thanks for sharing that trip with us :thumbsup_anim:

We stayed in the cabin beside that one in the pic about 6 years ago.It was my sons first long drive and had such a blast up there too.

Caught a ton of walleye also

Gonna plan another trip up there one of these years again