Limerick Lake?

sighless

Hi guys, I've been trolling the forum for a while now, i normally fish Rice Lake and Scugog.. but i have the chance to head up to limerick lake near Bancroft on the upcoming weekend. Myself and 3 other guys will be in 2 14ft aluminum boats, and I'm wondering if anyone has fished here before and what i should be expecting.

I'd really love to get some walleyes, but bass and pike would do.. Just wondering whats in there, and whats good to use.

I've only fished Limerick once, and it was more than a few years ago. We were targeting laketrout, trolling. Used downrigger and wireline, and everything we could think of on the ends of those lines. We had zero success. Absolutely nothing. Never even marked a fish. Eventually changed over and looked for bass. By the end of the day we were convinced Limerick was completely devoid of all life - not even bacteria lived there. unsure.gif

Maybe it was just one of those days...

I've only fished Limerick once, and it was more than a few years ago. We were targeting laketrout, trolling. Used downrigger and wireline, and everything we could think of on the ends of those lines. We had zero success. Absolutely nothing. Never even marked a fish. Eventually changed over and looked for bass. By the end of the day we were convinced Limerick was completely devoid of all life - not even bacteria lived there. unsure.gif

Maybe it was just one of those days...

Ive heard the same for lakers....

Bass though do exist and I have had some good days, the lake gets a decent amount of pressure though.

A fair number of walleye from what I know of, look for the locals trolling allong the weedlines in the evenings. Also there are some good sized lakers to be had as well. Try jigging off the bottom. They will be deep.

Iv'e never caught a walleye from this lake in 30 years of fishing it.Lots of lake trout and lots of bass

Iv'e never caught a walleye from this lake in 30 years of fishing it.Lots of lake trout and lots of bass

Must be a rogue walleye I caught last year while drifting for smallies. I just figured that's what everyone was fishing for. It wasn't very big mind you so they must be breeding at least in small numbers.