Air conditioner - 2 ton

fisher

Just had solmeone come by last night and was highly recommended by a friend. Getting a 2.5 ton Goodman AC unit for $1800 plus tax (includes install). I read up on some reviews and Goodman is owned by Amana and as with anything, there were some good and some bad review - in this case, there were many more good reviews than bad.

Anyone have experience with them?

Edited by fisher

Just had solmeone come by last night and was highly recommended by a friend. Getting a 2.5 ton Goodman AC unit for $1800 plus tax (includes install). I read up on some reviews and Goodman is owned by Amana and as with anything, there were some good and some bad review - in this case, there were many more good reviews than bad.

Anyone have experience with them?

I have the furnace Goodman. A decent product for that price.

Best brands: Carrier, Lenox, Trane (Very expensive if eficiency is high).

Goodman, York not so expensive but it will do the job.

IMO is not worht to spend more than 2k on a AC unit that has to be replace again in 10/15 years, but if your walet if fat go and spin the economy/crisis.

Same with the cars, some buy cars of 50k-100k some just 10-20k. Is a matter of taste and power. Ultimaley all of them in 10-15 years become rusted cans in a crashing station.

Have fum.

check around for rebates etc, likely looking at 2000-3000 for a good unit installed.

I would suggest you buy a reputable brand and ensure that the warranty is a manufacturers P&L warranty, not just the local dealer's P&L. That way you can choose who fixes it and if someone happens to go out of business you're still covered.

Edited by Spooled