Now, that was Wicked Delicious!!!

Leecher

For those that miss my last report, my Bro-in-law and I were able to get each a limit of speckle trout B) You can peruse it at your leasure here:

The Specks were on Fire

Buttered pan seared papillon speckle trout :) Enjoy!

First Garlic Salt, touch a salt & pepper

DSC08420.jpg

Spreading them out like butterfly :)

DSC08421.jpg

Turning them once

DSC08422.jpg

My reward :D

DSC08423.jpg

Tight lines

TJunkie

Now there's a guy who knows how to cook(and eat) trout. And you're right about the skin when cooked too.

Now there's a guy who knows how to cook(and eat) trout. And you're right about the skin when cooked too.

Thanks Knuguy!!! Nothing goes to waste that way, except the bones B)

Looks like he's just gobbling up every bit of fish haha. Too funny

Indeed Chad :lol: and he's serious about it :w00t::lol:

Drooling here Jacques. That was my reward when creek fishing Brookies as a kid. It's just a memory now. The minimium keep size where I fish now is 22". We get our fair share of legal fish every year, but I just can't fathom keeping one of them for the frying pan. Thanks for the memories, and the whet appetite!

Drooling here Jacques. That was my reward when creek fishing Brookies as a kid. It's just a memory now. The minimium keep size where I fish now is 22". We get our fair share of legal fish every year, but I just can't fathom keeping one of them for the frying pan. Thanks for the memories, and the whet appetite!

Thanks Dan!!! I wish the lake I fish had some of those 22"er but reality is, they don't last long... Every year it's stocked and the lake is very easy to access.... one just need to stop the car, get out and cast... doesn't necessary mean you'll catch them but you get the picture.

Up here, the big native brookie lakes are deep in the bush and one needs an ATV 4 wheel drive to get to them :) I don't own any or boat, so this little pond is perfect for me :) This is the third limit I get out of this lake in 4 years of fishing it from shore... I'm pretty happy about it :D