Is the Rouge Deep Enough for a Trolling Motor?

rhymobot

First of all, anyone know if there are signs that say you can't use any kind of motor at all at Rouge Park right at the mouth of the river?

I was thinking of taking my inflatable with the trolling motor and going upstream to around the 401. Wondering if that whole stretch is deep enough to do that.

Thanks.

We used to swim in the Rouge just south of hwy 2 back in the 50's and there was a wooden dam to make the river deeper. We also had a rope swing where we'd swing out over the water and drop in. I let go of the rope one day and dropped into 4 or 5 feet of water and a broken bottle went 1/2 way thru my foot and I've still got the scars from that day.

Seem like I spent half my boyhood swimming in that old river.

I realize this has nothing to do with this post and I apologize to the OP, but it brought back a bunch of fun old memories from a time when TV and computers didn't get in the way of kids having REAL fun :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, it is deep enough. However, yes there are signs stating no motors. The bridge has a picture of a propellor with a line through it.

Thanks.

Lots of conservation areas I see have signs or on their websites that simply say NO MOTORS but what they really mean is no gas motors while electric is fine. But having a pic of a propeller crossed out sounds like serious business.

Too bad, because I'm too lazy to paddle ever since I got the motor.

First of all, anyone know if there are signs that say you can't use any kind of motor at all at Rouge Park right at the mouth of the river?

I was thinking of taking my inflatable with the trolling motor and going upstream to around the 401. Wondering if that whole stretch is deep enough to do that.

Thanks.

I was just wondering this same thing. LOL

I do know they often host kayaking tours through there - not sure how deep the water runs though.