first Burwell perch experience

Toad Hunter

So late last sat. I was invited last minute to fill a spot in my buddies boat for another one of his trips to Port Burwell. Having seen his pics from the previous week I was excited to say the least.

When we get to "the bait guy" (those who are regulars there I'm sure know what the place is actually called-I how ever am not) - I was told "sorry we got no more bait, only frozen" - we then headed to the launch, a little disappointed , but I thought this was a chance for me to prove to my buddies "gulp alive will do the trick". This was no dice for my buddy who's been going there a few times this summer, "we gotta get minnows, we'll go to long point instead if we have to, or maybe the launch will sell em" at the top of the hill a sign reads "we have NO minnows" (so he decided to try frozen ones)- head BACK to the bait shop and lucked out some how got the last 3 scoops (maybe he thought my Buddy Ian was cuter? :whistling:)

After hitting the water around 730-8ish, we started marking them "all over" in 39-41 FOW, got our selves rigged up with a simple "wally rig and weight" system, and we were on to fish in no time...

Kevin scored first..

kevin at burwell.jpg

Then I picked up two

double perch.jpg

and then it seemed we couldn't just land one at a time..

ians double.jpg

we must have thrown back thrice as many as we kept due to limited livewell space

stacked livewell.jpg

but all in all it was a great day in the sun, and a day I will be sure to try and duplicate on any given invite.

here are a few of the nicer ones...

trophey shot 1.jpg