Thornbury area this weekend, shld I bring my rods ?

woodenboater

Hey all,

Might be in the Thornbury area this long weekend and will be without boat unfortunately. I'm not sure what bass/pike fishing opportunities there are up there so I'm wondering if it's worth bringing my rods. Was thinking perhaps some of the conservation areas might be worth hitting up for a couple of hours. Or should I just hit the Dam Pub instead ;) Don't mind driving a little bit but, maybe half to an hour tops.

PM if you want to keep things under the radar.

tia

WB

Hey all,

Might be in the Thornbury area this long weekend and will be without boat unfortunately. I'm not sure what bass/pike fishing opportunities there are up there so I'm wondering if it's worth bringing my rods. Was thinking perhaps some of the conservation areas might be worth hitting up for a couple of hours. Or should I just hit the Dam Pub instead ;) Don't mind driving a little bit but, maybe half to an hour tops.

PM if you want to keep things under the radar.

tia

WB

Both rivers that are in that area that start with the letter B have bass in the lower end. Its just not hot and heavy.

Both rivers that are in that area that start with the letter B have bass in the lower end. Its just not hot and heavy.

Thanks M&S,

Can't be any worse than Mountsberg lol. Are they access friendly or would you try the conservation areas ?

WB

You can follow the beaver for miles. There are many good holes with a chance for resident rainbow and brown trout. If you can find a good map you can find all your access points all the way from Georgian bay to Heathcote to Kimberly. Bass have slowed as water levels have dropped. Good luck