Inflatable Boats

Default User

d_paluch - thanks for sharing the pic!

I guess the Mazda3 is more common on these boards than I thought LOL (is anyone here on TM3 forums?)

Did you just use regular plywood from HD, and did you wrap the carpet all the way around (or just on top)?

I saw the portaboats, but having a mortgage and car payments and being married with a second child on the way - I can't justify the extra expense

Hopefully I'll be able to move up soon and get a more proper fishing boat. But that won't be until I get a vehicle that can tow it

I certainly am on TM3, my second favorite forum :P

Hey paluch do you ever fish Mountsberg? I think I saw you on your portaboat a few weeks ago, mid afternoon you were leaving as I was getting there, I was inflating a seahawk 2.

Do you have any pics of your floor? I'm in the process of making one right now. Good call on the seats too!

I fish mountsberg all the time, and that was most definitely me! :P

Here I am all loaded up:

IMG_20120521_141459.jpg

and as for the floor, I just used regular 1/2 plywood and wrapped it all the way around, top and bottom, with grey indoor/outdoor. Don't have any pics of it, but if anyone wants to buy the whole setup minus battery and motor PM me :P

Edited by d_paluch

• 3 weeks later...

Where in TO are you? I don't think there's many options east of the city for small boats. Even Frenchman's bay I've heard can be choppy and windy. I know lots of places north and west that are suitable.

And do you have the motor for it?

When I used this boat at Wilcox in richmond hill the wind suddenly picked up and didn't go away for a while and so I got blown across the lake and couldn't paddle back to where I parked so I had to call a cab to take me to my car. lol. This was before smart phones and I could simply have google mapped my location and walk back to the car. With the trolling motor this wouldn't have been an issue.

Where in TO are you? I don't think there's many options east of the city for small boats. Even Frenchman's bay I've heard can be choppy and windy. I know lots of places north and west that are suitable.

And do you have the motor for it?

When I used this boat at Wilcox in richmond hill the wind suddenly picked up and didn't go away for a while and so I got blown across the lake and couldn't paddle back to where I parked so I had to call a cab to take me to my car. lol. This was before smart phones and I could simply have google mapped my location and walk back to the car. With the trolling motor this wouldn't have been an issue.

rouge marsh, lyne marsh, lake scugog, otonabee, trent, lots of options wink.gif

rouge marsh, lyne marsh, lake scugog, otonabee, trent, lots of options wink.gif

rouge marsh could be promising. i've been there a couple times for carp but heard there's bass.

had no idea you could boat in lynde marsh. went there to feed the chickadees by hand. must be bass in there.

scugog i thought would be too big but never been there myself to judge it.

are there any other river mouths between scarboro and the 'shwa that you could launch an inflatable and go upstream quite a bit? in the west you can do credit up to the qew and 16 mile creek up to cornwall rd, and bronte you can go up but not quite as far.

Thanks for the replys

I'm in the East end - Actually very close to the Rouge, so I'm gonna have to check that out.

No motor yet.

Ya check that out. I might just have to pm you to see how it was there since I'm thinking of trying it myself.

In the east there aren't many conservation areas with small lakes but the rouge will do. Once you get that motor I think it'll open up some possibilities. Scugog might be too much without the motor but I've never been there so I can't say for sure. Perhaps south of Port Perry that water might not be too bad but you never know if the wind picks up.

In Whitby you have windsor bay park. The west side of Brock might be too much for just paddling on this thing unless you stay pretty close to the road and not towards the marina. The east side I think is fine. I've fished there once for carp and my buddy goes there all the time for carp. Not sure if there's anything else there beside brown bullhead cats. Also it's not the easiest place to launch but you should be able to manage. By the way, the road has no parking signs but people always park there and I've never heard from my buddy about ever being hassled.

Then you got Milne Dam in Markham. That water is brown. It has panfish and cats for sure. Don't know about anything else.

Toogood pond in Markham is a good size but I can't remember if boating is allowed there. Only been there once as a kid from shore.

If you ever go out to the west side let me know. There's gotta be like 20 spots I've been within 10 mins to an hour away.

I'm also looking at inflatables right now and with my living situation and lack of funds it's probably the best option. Sevylor Fish Hunter 4 person is where I'm leaning right now. Should be large enough to fit 2 people comfortably and later when I get a licence I can outfit it with a trolling motor. I go camping a lot so I'd use it more than for just fishing. I'd definitely do something about the floor but still want to make it portable so several pieces will do the trick. As for inflating I have a $10 12v car car air pump from WM that I use for my small 2 people inflatable Bestway shark boat (toy really) last time I didn't feel like deflating it so I just reversed the pump and let it suck the air of it! thumbsup_anim.gif much faster and a LOT less work! I was pretty impressed with myself lol!

I'd use it at long point when camping and should be able to do some fishing if the water is calm. Mainly want it for Mountsberg which always seems very calm, even still at times.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

@ Yush - thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it. I will definitely let you know how the Rouge Marsh is. Hopefully I'll have the time this weekend to swing by.

@ Gray-Wolf - I got the Intex SeaHawk 4 (wife paid about $100 @ WM for it)

you can also get a Transom motor mount at Canadian Tire for about $60-100. And a 30lb trolling motor and battery for about 200-250

After all is said and done - you can have a completely fish able compact motorized i-boat for about $400.