took my fiancee

pike slayer

yesterday i took my fiancee to teach her how to cast out on our lake only to go out to the middle of the lake and do some casting. she got pretty good at it casting where she wanted the lure to go and getting distance and she was having a ball.

today we went out in the boat on our lake to cast around for some specks. i gave her an old cheap canadian tire back up rod i had and i did the mistake of letting her use my more expensive rod and shes like what the hell!? instantly could tell the difference and got mad that i gave her junk compared to mine haha!

We went past the rocky island on the lake casting by it. she says she got a snag in the rocks and i get a fish on! i hand her my rod to reel up her first fish ever! about a 1lb oos smallie that i put back quickly. and then i go to deal with her snagged rod and i start to reel the line tight and i feel a fish on!! and im like you dont have a snag! you have a fish!! and i hand her rod back and she reels it up with the fish jumping out of the water and everything. she caught a good solid 2-2.5lb smallie that i also put back quickly!

she was soooo excited to catch her fish first and now shes hooked!

she wants to get a pink rod but not some cheapo rod like fisher girl rods! so far i've come up with this rod for her first set up

http://www.amazon.com/Okuma-Calynn-Grpahite-Spinning-Combos/dp/B001V7KRY0

anybody have any suggestions for a decent but not to expensive rod for her?

Pflueger makes a really nice good quality Pink Reel also. Not sure of the model, but it definately not a Hanna Montana reel.

I bought this combo at Canadian tire for $69.99.. Seems like a really nice set.. Also bought the pink Plano soft tackle bag..

She wanted pink so I won't borrow "her" gear!!

Get her a decent outfit, just not pink. This is a phase she is going through and you're going to have to use it in the end. :whistling:

What he said.

Instead, get what you would like to use, and then buy her some fisher girl apparel :thumbsup_anim:.

It doesn't matter what rid you get her, you'll be using it the most pulling it out of trees, rocks, baiting it.or she won't use it at all due to horseflies. Go through it every time. Good luck!

Yeah, know what you mean...NOT!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN0159.jpg

09-13-0915.jpg

JulisFirstBottomBounceRainbow.jpg

RSCN0896.jpg

DSCN0963.jpg

Shall I go on!!!???

To the OP---

Hope she loves it half as much as my "fishergirl" does

ya deff not spending $200 on the st.croix just yet. maybe in a couple years when she gets out more. ya get her some sexy pink gear to wear and get a normal rod and reel. something i want and give her my old rod and reel muahaha!! probably wont fly!

You know, if it makes it more fun and doesn't cost a crazy price, she'll have fun with it. My vice: I have standard gear but love my 'pretty' lures. Frankie65 used to laugh at me on my choice, but they do catch fish! It's all bout having fun together, and however you make that happen, roll with it! I was terrified of muskies a few years back... this year, I handled my own. Just have fun with it!