Best Fishing Lodge places?

oOmunkeyOo

Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum and just started fishing a couple years ago. I'm trying to plan a fishing trip and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good fishing lodge place (for bass/pike/walleye/muskie) that's within 8hrs drive of Toronto?

Eight hours opens up a lot of options.

Do you want housekeeping or American Plan?

What's most important, lodging, facilities, fishing?

"Guy trip" or Family trip?

Need a boat?

All species of fish listed? Walleye and pike only OK?

Secluded? Near a town?

Price range per person?

we would definitely need a boat. no need for housekeeping, just need a clean place to stay. The main point is to catch some big nice fishes! :)

just walleye and pike are fine, as long as there's a lot of them haha.

Eight hours opens up a lot of options.

Do you want housekeeping or American Plan?

What's most important, lodging, facilities, fishing?

"Guy trip" or Family trip?

Need a boat?

All species of fish listed? Walleye and pike only OK?

Secluded? Near a town?

Price range per person?

Need more info. 8hrs gets you into some pretty good waters BUT what exactly are you looking for? A shack with no running water might be fine for some but others want 5star cuisine and accomodations.

basically looking for a place where there aren't too many ppl, somewhere nice where we can catch some big fishes and enjoy the scenary.

We're not really picky about the place we stay at, just as long as its clean, have a place to shower and cook. something like a cabin.

Well, within 8 hours from TO, I think one of the four lodges on Lady Evelyn Lake would suit you well. Someone just posted a report about it.

Otherwise, there are some boat-in lodges on the Lower French River and in Georgian Bay. Some options in Quebec as well.

I'd also consider driving further if you are able to. It would be worth your while. Honestly, driving 8 hours or 14 hours isn't that much different. Especially if people share the wheel.

Have you considered a fly-in outpost? Prices are typically about $900+ per person.

Also, housekeeping in this context means a cottage in which you bring your own food and do the cooking, not someone who comes and cleans up after you :). With an American Plan all the meals are cooked for you and you eat in a central lodge, so you don't need to bring food etc.