Cottage Rentals

thatleetboy

I responded to the advt in the classifieds, but while I wait to see if it is available, wondered if y'all had any other suggestions...

Five Hundred Bucks sounds like a great deal for a week, and SWMBO and I are exhausted, from working too hard as well as a baby and toddler.

We are looking for something from a Friday to a Friday this month (i.e. late June)... maybe someone on the list knows something, has something, maybe not. Not fussy about location, just needs to be kid friendly, access to the water, preferably swimming.

Just asking!

:)

Check out cottagelink.com or google cottage rentals Ontario. There are lots of sites that list rental properties. I rented from a classified many years back, had a great time one year and nothing but hassels the next from a different owner. If you use a site like cotagelink everything is in a contract so no Bull from the owners.

Fri. to Fri. may be a little harder as Sat. to Sat. is more standard. During Jun. it may be possible but most likely not on for Jul. or Aug.

Not a lot out there for $500 per week worth staying at. Expect a little more.

$500 a week for a reasonable place is a steal.

I like the Kawartha Lakes for my family getaways. The prices are usually reasonable compared to places in the Muskokas, the fishing can be good and they are close to Toronto. However, they are more likely to be around $800 to $1000; something at $500 might be hard to find, but getting a last minute deal is always possible, especially if you go private.

One of my go to places is Muskie Bay Resort on Rice lake. The owners take good care of their property. The beach is small, but big enough for the kids and they have an pool as well. Their rental boats are really nice and reasonably priced as well [which is the main reason I started going there before I was even married].

There are plenty of other nice places on Rice Lake as well. So far of all the cottage resorts I've been to in the Kawarthas, the nicest ones have been on Rice Lake.

My family is also sharing a cottage at Marricks Landing on Lovesick Lake with some friends this year. They said it was a great family place, but I have never been.

Good luck!

I have to admit, $500 sounds like a great deal to me. Luck was on my side, it is available, when we can get away!

I'll have to try and look into the boat rental. My little guy is eager to fish with me...

Cheers

http://ontario-rentals.rent-cottage-canada.com/cottage-for-rent/small-family-frendly-cottage-resort-on-lake-cecebe-714/

Hope this isn't against any board rules, if it is sorry about that, he asked so I am offering.

Check out the link, nice place right on the water with a boat & motor for $625. Under 3 hours from Toronto.

If you are interested give us a call.

Thanks Mike