Bimini Tops

Dan668

Parents inquired about adding a bimini top onto my Lund Impact for when they go out. It be paid by them so it doesnt bother me lol. Ive never been in a boat with a top installed. Do they fold up or down to get out of the way? Ive tried looking up some but didnt find much for my model of boat. Ive seen on Lunds people install it onto the sport trak system. Only reason why i ask, is that i primarily cast and see it being a nuisance.

If i do decide to get a quote, anyone recommend a few places that do good work?

Thanks

We had one custom made for our boat. It is four hand-screws to attach to the inside of the boat. When not in use, we remove the 4 screws and it lays down along the back of the boat, right in front of the motor and is out of the way. If we know we will not need it, we can just lift it out of the boat completely.

If it is up, it can be a pain casting from the back - and trolling. (At least for the way ours is configured). Good thing is, we really only use it on real hot days or when it's raining.

In a smaller boat (mine's a 16 fter) it definitely gets in the way (when up) if you have more than two and are casting (read cant really be done without hooking the guy on the other side without extreme care on each cast). When down, don't even know it's there Folds down and out of the way. Doesnt get in the way for trolling for me, and I used mine as a basis for a stand up - which is great in April weather or in the rain. Its definitely nice on those hot July afternoons to be able to sit in the shade and troll. Given what you have offered - I'd say go for it. My stand up was done by convertaboat out of the Tillsonburg area - very happy with the product and a very reasonable price. google will get you there

edited for spelling

Edited by spincast

Ted's Total Marine ,does all tops,seats and entire boats,I went to school with Ted and he owns Alberts Marina on the Holland river just outside Bradford.He does excellent work and and at a good price....only thing is he gets busy ,so you might have to wait in line.....HTH...TC and tight lines....Chuck...