Spooling up Power Pro 30 on the new Cuarado

RickOnt

They put a tonne of RnD and engineering to bring the spool weight down as low as possible on purpose. Why on earth would I added twice the weight of line when the water will never touch that line. I mean think about it.... 50 yards of power pro is 150 is 150 feet. When the last time you were vertical jigging in 150 fow for bass? or perhaps take a monster cast halfway the length of a football field? Not likely. jmho. I usually put a 150 yard spool split with 2 reals, and have some left over put about 30 feet or so of mono on first with 8-10 pound.

also that line you are slipping onto the next reel backwards has been sitting getting damp and drying over and over must be causing some level of weakness over an entire season or two. I would rather just get fresh line when its time to change. Why not just keep the other 75 yards on the box tucked away clean and safe at home.

Edited by jedimaster

They put a tonne of RnD and engineering to bring the spool weight down as low as possible on purpose. Why on earth would I added twice the weight of line when the water will never touch that line. I mean think about it.... 50 yards of power pro is 150 is 150 feet. When the last time you were vertical jigging in 150 fow for bass? or perhaps take a monster cast halfway the length of a football field? Not likely. jmho. I usually put a 150 yard spool split with 2 reals, and have some left over put about 30 feet or so of mono on first with 8-10 pound.

also that line you are slipping onto the next reel backwards has been sitting getting damp and drying over and over must be causing some level of weakness over an entire season or two. I would rather just get fresh line when its time to change. Why not just keep the other 75 yards on the box tucked away clean and safe at home.

I understand what your saying,but were splitting hairs about the line.If I can get a season or two on a' on sale' line I'm too happy.It doesn't really matter does it?Who cares?.Your point is well taken,"again".

If you like mono backing = great

If you prefer duck tape = great

If you tie directly to spool = great

Whatever floats your boat!

There we go, logic. Pick whatever suits you, i prefer mono backing, allowing me to fill two reels with one spool. I try to get two seasons out of one spool but sometimes i find it starts to fray and end up cutting 10-20ft off the line in the begining of the season.

Jacob