Rod holder

I didn't really want to get one because the only ones I've ever seen are $80.

$80.?? Where are you shopping for rod holders? Tiffany's

You can get a combo pack with two rod holders for about $20 on sale.

I actually thought you where joking around in this post. :stretcher:

using 2 c-clamps take a 6" piece of 2x4 and clamp it the gunnel of your canoe...you can then mount virtually any rod holder...that's how i mounted scotty's to my canoe...use a piece of plywood on the non 2x4 side of the clamps to help distribute the pressure, avoid damaging the canoe and to prevent the clamps from slipping

and yes, i've hooked into musky's this way, so it'll hold up just fine

Thanks barefoot, that does sound like a fairly good plan. Now could you give me some advice on landing a musky in a canoe!tease.gif

U have never caught a Musky have you....my advise would be to go with someone who knows what they are doing. (to a body of water that is actually open for Musky). Have proper release tools... Hook cutters. Musky net, or cradle etc. heavy rod, reel and line. Its a huge learning curve to catch a Musky anyway, and not recommended in a canoe.

Go get an old salty down east rod holder !!! Alot of salmon and Muskie guys use them they are bullet proof and last forever all steel to and fully adjustable !!! They make 2 styles !!!! About $40 each !!!!! Google it and see they are quick release to by just lifting your rod up and out !!! That one you made will explode when you are going northbound and a 42inch Muskie is going southbound !!!! And you will lose it all !!!!!

Musky Mike recomended those to me, I picked one up and they are great! Well worth the price.

Until you fish them in a boat, an your comfortble with them.I would stick to bass and that.

Not trying to be rude but they aren't like fishing for bass. You don't want them thrashing around in the canoe and leaning over to unhook them in the net isn't a smart idea.

If they are laying the the canoe there is a good chance that you will get a hook or teeth in your legs or anywhere.