OLDER 60 HP JOHNSON

beagle dad

I HAVE A 60 HP JOHNSON LAST FALL IT STARTED TO ACT UP

WOULD NOT START IN THE MORNING THOUGHT IT WAS FLOODING....DID NOTHING OUT OF ORDINARY....WENT FISHING ON ELECTRIC 3HRS LATER TURNED KEY AND STARTED..NO TROUBLE REST OF DAY

TOOK IT TO MECHANIC TODAY HE THINKS ITS THE BRAIN..EVER HEAR OF THIS?? HAPPENED 3 TRIPS IN A ROW

We need a LOT more info on this outboard.......but something tells me you'r no longer having trouble with it as you haven't posted back....

I am "GUESSING" that this rig was towed to it's fishing spot and then you had trouble starting it in the morning......on this motor, again I'm guessing with limited knowledge of what you really have, the gas tends to run out of the carbs while the outboard is tilted back for towing....then once at the launch ramp there may be no fuel or not enough fuel in the carb bowls to get her going right away......you should pump up the fuel line bulb and raise the throttle all the way up and at the same time turn the ignition key while PUSHING it in several times until it starts.....this is a primer that is designed to start a cold engine....as it runs and sounds like it may stall out push the key in again 2-3 times...that shoots in raw gas and keeps that motor running while cold until it warms up and the fuel pump catches up to it.

Let us know how things are doing with this,

Bob

We need a LOT more info on this outboard.......but something tells me you'r no longer having trouble with it as you haven't posted back....

I am "GUESSING" that this rig was towed to it's fishing spot and then you had trouble starting it in the morning......on this motor, again I'm guessing with limited knowledge of what you really have, the gas tends to run out of the carbs while the outboard is tilted back for towing....then once at the launch ramp there may be no fuel or not enough fuel in the carb bowls to get her going right away......you should pump up the fuel line bulb and raise the throttle all the way up and at the same time turn the ignition key while PUSHING it in several times until it starts.....this is a primer that is designed to start a cold engine....as it runs and sounds like it may stall out push the key in again 2-3 times...that shoots in raw gas and keeps that motor running while cold until it warms up and the fuel pump catches up to it.

Let us know how things are doing with this,

Bob

fuel drain back is what i am thinking as well, just fixed a leak in my fuel primer solenoid