Mixed bag

mikeseb

Went out today looking for some steel and suckers and ran into a few surprises. After floating live worms through 3 different spots i decided to take a break, set up a worm with a bunch of weight and threw it out there. Before i could even unwrap my beef jerky the rod tip went crazy and I had a fish on! At first i thought just a sucker but when i brought it to the bank i was wrong. It was a channel cat my first this year and a big surprise because ive never herd of anyone ever catching cats in this trib. A quick pic and a new worm and i was sitting on the bank enjoying my jerky when the rod started dancing again. After a short fight I had a decent sized sucker on the bank. I decided bottom fishing was the way to fish today and went back to a more productive spot that i was shut out at earlier in the day. while crossing the stream i spooked a nice sized carp that was sitting dead still in only 2 feet of water. I got to the spot and was surprised again when i noticed a small pike sitting in some slack water. I quickly through on a spinner and attempted to fool him but after 10 minutes and a few follows i gave up and went back to worms. The rest of the day was fairly slow with only a few suckers and a very small OOS smallie and a rocky. I saw a few steelhead but they wanted nothing to do with my offerings. There was also a TON of dead lamperays scattered all over the river bottom which was nasty. I managed to snag and "dispose" of one and would have loved to come across and dispose of more of these unwanted freaks. All in all it was a good day on the water, seeing or catching 7 different species of gamefish is always a great day!

IMG-20120527-00080.jpg

IMG-20120527-00088.jpg

IMG-20120527-00086.jpg